It's been just over one year since my initial blog post on January 17, 2016. I figured it is a good time for some introspection and maybe a peek into the near future.
The Boring Blog Stats:
Total pageviews: 32,849 - much higher that I would have anticipated. Possibly erroneous as I have noticed a steady +30 views per day since December, regardless of new posts.
Audience - views by country:
United States 23,563
United Kingdom 1,527
Nothing too surprising here, I guess, except for Russia. My Russian speaking skills are worse than my Vargr or Zhodani, so I'll just say "Greetings, comrades!"
Most viewed post: Destiny Class 200 ton Yacht, followed by Sharptooth Class 200 ton Armed Merchant, and the Hammer Class 100 ton Merchant.
Followers: 2 - Hey, ya gotta start somewhere! Thanks guys.
Highlights of the Year
- My A-Z Blog Challenge in September was probably the most difficult and most rewarding.
- Comments and constructive criticism from everyone at the Citizens of the Imperium forum. Sharp group of grognards over there, and I learn something just about every time I visit. Whipsnade's comments on my X-Boat Station were particularly enlightening.
- Seeing my work come up in Google searches - it's a cheap thrill I know, but I'm still pretty new to this online thing.
- I was contacted by Horizon Games regarding inclusion of some of my artwork into the forthcoming Traveller Customizable Card Game. I'm waiting for a signed contract, so it is not a done deal, but they are understandably busy.
- 600 ton "adventurer" ship - I've been collaborating with a viewer on a new ship. Hopefully deck plans, artwork, and stats will be posted for that within the next few weeks.
- Starship Geomorphs book - I've got literally hundreds of geomorphs drawn. I just have to work on some miscellaneous text, do another 6-10 illustrations, tweak some of the geomorphs, and possibly re-examine the format. The book (PDF) will either be free from my blog or possibly a "pay what you want" download from Drive Thru RPG.
- Another blog challenge - Not sure when I will do this, but I would prefer sooner than later. I will probably go for something like a 30 day/30 post challenge instead of doing an alphabetical one.
- Referee Emulator Spreadsheet - I think it is great that there has been such a high demand for this. I wish I had considered that when I started it. Lots of clean up and reformatting required. Knowing me I'll probably want to add a bunch of stuff as well.
- More ship plans! More robots! More free stuff!