Thursday, November 1, 2018

Starship Geomorphs Update and Upcoming Starship Symbols Book

Wow. It's great to see so many responses to the Starship Geomorphs book. Thanks to everyone for their positive feedback and constructive criticisms. I will be re-releasing the Starship Geomorphs PDF in a week or so with corrected spelling (What? You've never heard of Marshal Arts?) and grammar, a few graphic and miscellaneous tweaks to some geomorphs, and the ability to turn on/off individual drawing layers including a second optional hex grid. This will allow you to do things like select square grid, hex grid, or no grid at all, turn off text for player maps, and turn off shading for less ink usage when printing.

Additionally, Marc Miller and I have started talking about making a print version available to those who want it. There are no specifics yet as I want to get the edited PDF version off my plate first. I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

Finally, I'm also working on a starship "symbols" PDF book that would be a collection of individual rooms and room blocks for those who want to lay out ship plans that way. The book will probably include supplemental .DWG and .DXF files.


9 comments:

  1. Good for you! It looks like a handy game-aid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to your symbols set. I really like the geomorphs, springing them on my players this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your excellent work and generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might want to contact Mongoose Publishing about their upcoming Vanguard boarding action game. Their current set of maps are bland, depicting ships and stations that waste a lot of room on corridors. They need something exactly like what you have created - maybe slightly changed for deck plans more conducive to boarding actions, but that should just be a matter of adding a few more doors to connect rooms, giving alternate paths. Or maybe just use your geomorphs as is (though perhaps touched up with color).

    This would make Vanguard also usable as a convenient (and high production quality) way to assemble ships and stations for IRL/face-to-face games, even those that don't feature boarding actions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent maps! I've been using these to import directly into the Roll20 online gaming system. These really help flesh out my adventure and ads a great visual component that a lot of designs lack. I love the external views-great modernization, great eye for design. Thanks for putting these out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings.

    Any update on the starship "symbols" PDF book.

    Many thanks. Your Geomorph book is awesome. I love the new Xboat Dock. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. I'm planning on releasing the symbols PDF and files once the updated geomorphs book is complete. Since I am still making new geomorphs I am also making new symbol blocks.

      Delete
    2. Totally Awesome. Many Many Thanks. Keep up the beautiful work.

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to the symbols set. The geomorphs are great, but sometimes being able to tweak them with a different symbol would really help...or just using the symbols to lay out my own designs.

    ReplyDelete